Friday, September 17, 2010

Fashion//clothing: Beth Ditto for Evans

Me being a size or two(or three, depending on the store) bigger than what regular clothes go up to makes clothes a difficult topic for me. I feel so terrible when I walk into stores and have to go to the section called "Big is Beautiful" or "XLNT" or "Generous" it feels so wrong, but I have to do it, and I have to walk into stores that mainly sell clothes targeted at women 40+. Sometimes I just can't do it. The option of shopping online is always there, but living in Europe, and Norway, makes it all so difficult. Shipping from the US is insane, and then I have to pay taxes on anything above a certain sum, which sucks too. I simply can't afford it and I miss out on so many pieces of clothing. However, I do shop a little from British evans. Shipping from Britain isn't too expensive and they have okay clothes. I buy lots of stuff from British online stores(but only clothes from evans)

Evans had Beth Ditto do a line of design some years ago, and I didn't shop that, because it was just about then that I discovered evans when I was on a trip to London. Evans invited her back and this time I'm drooling over some items, but I'm not all that crazy about most of them, but there might be a few dresses that I'd love to try on!

This black and ivory spot dress is one of them. It's a bit short for my liking, but the epic dots make up for it, also the length of the arms are perfect! I never wear too short sleeves. The waist is also good, just under my boobs! which is where I'm slimmest(the curse of being fat!). The other dress that I'm thinking about hasn't been released online yet, but if you see the picture above the dress it's the one Beth is wearing on the picture all the way to the right.

Ps. I made the label fashion now, so I guess that means that I will be talking about that quite a bit. I am in the process of trying out new stuff and expanding my very limited wardrobe. I'm inviting you along for the ride. It's going to get messy as I'll probably fail at finding things that actually look god on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment